Yes you read it right. Now you can sign in to your Hotmail account without password. It sounds crazy but it’s actually true.
However, you need to download an app for this called Microsoft Authenticator. And all the approval are done via this app.
Now let us learn in more details.
Hotmail Alternative Sign in
- First off, you need to get Microsoft Authenticator app on your smart phone. (Search for the app in the app store and download it.)
- As the app is installed in your device, add your outlook account into it. By entering your email address and password.
- Now you need to verify your identity, choose the medium for verification. Choose text code for the ease of use.
- Enter the code and your account is now officially added to the Authenticator app.
These are few steps to get the app. Now let us discuss how to sign in to your outlook account with this app.
- Go to the sign in page of Hotmail
- Enter your password an click on Next.
- Now in the password section, click on “Use the Microsoft Authenticator app instead”.
- Now, you’ll get the notification in your app with two options: Deny the sign in or Approve the sign in request. Choose Approve. As shown in the image below.
- Now, for the better security, you need to enter your phone pin code or finger print in order to move forward. So, enter it.
- Once it’s done, you’ll be automatically signed in to your account in desktop.
So, in this way you can access your Hotmail account without entering the password.
Most of the users might find this less secured as if your mobile device is used by some other person for a while, your account may be hacked. But you might not noticed the point I stated in the number 5 above that you need to enter the pin code or the fingerprint that is used to unlock your device is needed to grant the sign in permission. Therefore, it is much more secured than you think.
Not only this alternative sign in access, but this app can be used for two steps verification process too.